In order to highlight pockets of excellence across the country, the NNED selects an organization to highlight once a month. Young People in Recovery (YPR) has been selected as the Partner of the Month for August.
YPR envisions a world where everyone can access the necessary resources to recover from substance use disorder. YPR’s mission is to provide the training and
YPR serves the greater community through partnerships and collaborations with treatment centers, educational institutions, state and local agencies, nonprofit and for-profit organizations. Some of the programs YPR offers include:
- My Recovery Is EPIC: a life-skills curriculum offered exclusively by YPR that focuses on improving access to housing, education
- Phoenix Program: a multi-purpose support program offered to criminal justice organizations, & more.
- Project PHI: a preventative health initiative, aims to reduce alcohol and other drug misuse and to increase protective factors with the support of life skills training among youth aged 18-26 years by implementing the Botvin
Life SkillsTransitions Curriculum.
- Recovery Coaching: YPR supports communities through providing Recovery Coach
trainingsand supervision for newly trained coaches. Recovery Coach Supervisors provide the necessary support for newly trained coaches to stay on the path to certification.
YPR utilizes an advocacy-in-action model to create recovery-ready communities at local, state and national levels. Advocacy-in-action means providing direct service and building community amongst those in recovery and their allies through facilitating workshops, all-recovery meetings, leadership development, community forums and more. Learn more about YPR’s advocacy.
YPR chapters engage young people in or seeking recovery and their allies in communities across the country to take a stand for recovery. Chapters support young people in or seeking recovery by empowering them to obtain stable employment, secure suitable housing, and continue and complete their educations. Chapters also advocate on the local and state levels for better accessibility of these services and other effective recovery resources.
- Find a YPR Chapter near you, and join!
- Find out how you can bring recovery resources to your community by launching a new YPR chapter!
Learn more about YPR and how they are advancing recovery efforts, health, and well being for young people across the country.
View a list of previous NNED Partners of the Month here.