In order to highlight pockets of excellence across the country, the NNED selects a partner organization to highlight once a month. Yakama Nation Behavioral Health Services, has been selected as the Partner of the Month for September in honor of National Suicide Prevention Month and National Recovery Month.
Yakama Nation Behavioral Health Services, is a wellness center whose goal is to identify strengths of the individual, family, extended family, and the community while healing past traumas, resolution of current difficult situations and encourage building supportive healthy family relationships in Washington.
Some of the programs and services that are currently offered:
- Intake/Assessment That Includes Diagnoses;
- Treatment Planning;
- Safety Planning;
- Counseling Therapy with Qualified Staff and Social Services Professionals;
- Anger Management;
- Domestic Violence Perpetrator Treatment Program;
- Therapeutic Outreach for Students at Tribal School, Mount Adams School District, Toppenish School District, and Wapato School District;
- Special Projects Unit of Grants for Suicide Prevention;
- Mental Health Promotion Program;
- Healing Seasons Project; And
- Victim Resource Program.
Learn more about the Yakama Nation Behavioral Health Services and their belief to provide equitable behavioral health services to the Native American population in Washington.
View a list of previous NNED Partners of the Month.