Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC is calling for nominations for their annual event, the American Courage Awards. The 2019 American Courage Awards will showcase their storied history and provide the opportunity to honor individuals and organizations who have shown extraordinary commitment to civil and human rights. With your help, AAJC hopes to gather a diverse group of nominees from which to choose the best honorees for each award.
Minimum Criteria for Consideration:
- An identifiable act or group of acts that clearly demonstrate extraordinary courage or commitment to the cause of civil rights.
- The act for which the person/group is being nominated must have brought benefits to the Asian American and/or civil rights community in the United States.
- The person/group must have a story that is inspiring and engaging.
- The person/group and their act/acts should be “widely known” within a given region or throughout the country.
- The person/group representative must be a strong speaker.
All nominations are due by Friday, March 1, 2019. The description of the awards are below:
- The American Courage Award goes to an individual, company, or organization that has shown extraordinary courage or commitment to the cause of civil rights. This may include a corporate leader who has taken an important stand, an activist who overcame extraordinary challenges, an artist with a unique vision, or a journalist breaking an important story.
- The Changemaker Award honors an individual, company, or organization who is a catalyst for change. This may include an entrepreneur, student or activist whose leadership has inspired action that has led to change on a local or national level that benefits Asian American communities.
To nominate an individual or organization for an award, complete AAJC’s 2019 American Courage Award and Changemaker Award online nomination form by March 1, 2019.