In order to highlight pockets of excellence across the country, the NNED selects an organization to highlight once a month. Reality House, Inc.
Reality House, Inc. is a community-based Not-For-Profit Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) certified medically supervised outpatient chemical dependency treatment facility that provides culturally-appropriate substance abuse and HIV treatment and prevention services to New Yorkers.
Reality House has transformed to include effective treatment services for veterans, their families, and communities along the lines of cultural competence and social justice.
Their new facilities in Astoria,
Services offered by Reality House include:
- Group and Individual Substance Abuse Treatment
- Relapse Prevention
- Violence Prevention
- Supportive Services
- Criminal Justice Services
Additionally, Reality House has many services catering specifically to veterans including:
- Individual and group counseling to explore the ramifications of substance abuse associated with combat trauma
- Identifying Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) issues
- Identifying Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Vocational rehabilitative services including guidance in career planning
- Family therapy
- Employment and Housing Assistance
- Domestic Violence issues
Learn more about Reality House’s dedication to assisting individuals, families, and communities to lead productive and positive lifestyles and achieve higher levels of accomplishments.
View a list of previous NNED Partners of the Month here.