In order to highlight pockets of excellence across the country, the NNED selects an organization to highlight once a month. Special Service for Groups (SSG) has been selected as the Partner of the Month for December in honor of World AIDS Day (December 1).
SSG is a non-profit health and human service organization dedicated to building and sustaining community-based programs that address the needs of vulnerable communities.
SSG’s APAIT program’s mission is to positively impact the quality of life for medically underserved communities living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS and other health disparities through culturally competent and linguistically appropriate programs in Southern California. APAIT’s vision is to advocate, educate and achieve optimal health and well-being for medically underserved communities. Services offered under APAIT include:
- Behavioral Health Services including:
- Benefits Assistance and Case Management
- Individual, Family and Group Mental Health Counseling
- Outpatient Substance Use Treatment
- Occupational Therapy
- HIV/STD Prevention and Testing Services
- Capacity Building and Technical Assistance
- Community-Based Participatory Research
Additionally, SSG offers many programs for vulnerable communities:
- Health programs are designed to build healthier communities by addressing chronic disease and barriers to care. Health programming offers a continuum of prevention and health services for individuals and families.
- Mental health programs are designed to decrease mental health disparities and improve the quality of life for vulnerable populations. A variety of programs offer innovative, comprehensive and culturally appropriate services to advance the wellness of diverse communities.
- Substance abuse programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of the community through high quality and innovative services. Programs provide an array of services related to prevention, treatment and recovery.
Learn more about SSG’s dedication and action to provide community-based solutions to the social and economic issues facing those in greatest need.
View a list of previous NNED Partners of the Month here.