HHS Regions 2, 3, 5, 7, 8:
The cycles of poverty and homelessness can seem intractable. Homelessness attenuates access to food, health, and work; this limited availability in turn hinders access to long-term housing. Recognizing the complexity and dependencies of the problem, the Fund focuses on projects that promise sustainable self-sufficiency—stabilized lives anchored by living-wage jobs.
Areas of support in this initiative include:
- Stabilized housing
- Food security
- Education and/or job training and placement toward a living wage
- Mental health (specific to homeless individuals)
Applications from the following areas will be considered:
- Colorado: Denver Metropolitan and Eagle County; funding targets only initiatives addressing single-parent homelessness
- Illinois: Chicago neighborhoods of Austin and North Lawndale; grant proposals by invitation only
- Kansas/Missouri: Kansas City Metropolitan
- New York: Rochester Metropolitan and Yates County
- Pennsylvania: Lackawanna County, Luzerne County
Letters of Inquiry are due by July 15, 2020.