HHS Regions 2, 3, 5, 7, 8:
The cycles of poverty and homelessness can seem intractable. Homelessness attenuates access to food, health, and work; this limited availability in turn hinders access to long-term housing. Recognizing the complexity and dependencies of the problem, the Fund focuses on projects that promise sustainable self-sufficiency—stabilized lives anchored by living-wage jobs.
Areas of support in this initiative include:
- Stabilized housing
- Food security
- Education and/or job training and placement toward a living wage
- Mental health (specific to homeless individuals)
Applications from the following areas will be considered:
- Colorado: Denver Metropolitan and Eagle County; funding targets only initiatives addressing single-parent homelessness
- Illinois: Chicago neighborhoods of Austin and North Lawndale; grant proposals by invitation only
- Kansas/Missouri: Kansas City Metropolitan
- New York: Rochester Metropolitan and Yates County
- Pennsylvania: Lackawanna County, Luzerne County
Letters of Inquiry are due by November 15, 2020. No Letter of Inquiry is required if you have received funding in the past and still meet the general rules of eligibility. Applications are due January 2, 2021.