HHS Region 8, 10:
For decades, the Pride Foundation’s Community Grants Program has worked to fuel the work of incredible community organizations throughout the Northwest that are working tirelessly to build a better, safer, and more inclusive world.
Through this program, the Foundation funds ideas, projects, and strategies from community organizations that are working to enhance the lives and address the needs of LGBTQ youth, adults, and families in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
The Pride Foundation invests in organizations, projects, and strategies that:
- Reduce growing disparities and inequities within the LGBTQ community, with an emphasis on supporting people who remain most invisible and vulnerable
- Promote structural and institutional change that eliminates long-standing barriers to opportunities and resources for LGBTQ people
- Address emerging and critical issues that threaten the safety, livelihood, and well-being of LGBTQ individuals and families across our region
- Expand and deepen the level of engagement with LGBTQ people and allies, with a particular emphasis on those who have been historically marginalized, including people of color, transgender people and low-income people
- Cultivate an interconnected LGBTQ movement across our region by fostering collaboration and bringing together diverse organizations and leaders to advance the agenda for equality.
Applications are due June 28, 2019.