HHS Region 10:
The Alaska Community Foundation, in partnership with General Communication Inc. (GCI), is proud to offer the GCI Suicide Prevention Grant Program, which will fund projects and organizations whose goal is to reduce the rates of suicide in Alaska and promote mental wellness through strengthened community and personal connections.
Eligible applicants include 501(c)(3) nonprofits or equivalent organizations located in the state of Alaska, which may include tribes, schools, churches, local government agencies, and programs.
Organizations seeking project or operational support are encouraged to apply. Funding for capital projects are ineligible. Review the guidelines provided below for more information.
Preference will be given to projects that are located in rural Alaska or programs that reach rural communities in Alaska (defined as outside of Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau), and which are focused on activities that will:
- Result in long term change by creating family, school and community support systems
- Help grow or support programs that have already demonstrated success in Alaska or in small communities in the Lower 48
- Support programs that have been embraced and that will be sustained by the community
- Support work that is happening on multiple levels including prevention, intervention, and crisis response
- Conceived or managed by local entities or by and entity that demonstrates a willingness to work with the local community or be advised and/or guided by local planning
- Reflects Alaska cultural consideration
Applications are due July 15, 2020.