In order to highlight pockets of excellence across the country, the NNED selects a partner organization to highlight once a month. Family Service of El Paso, has been selected as the Partner of the Month for October in celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month.
Family Service of El Paso is a private, non-profit social service agency governed by a volunteer board of directors. They deliver mental health services that improve the life, health, and wellbeing of individuals and families in the El Paso community. They are also the largest mental health service agency in El Paso, and are uniquely suited to serve local clients from nearly every demographic. Over 75% of their clients are low income (by HUD Section 8 guidelines) and 87% of their clients are Hispanic. To serve this population, Family Service of El Paso constantly strives to ensure our services are affordable, accessible, and culturally competent.
The programs and services that are currently offered:
- Psychiatric Care Providers – Family Service of El Paso also provides affordable psychiatric care at the facilities through partnership with Project Vida. Psychiatric care is scarce in the community, especially for lower-income clients. At Family Service, they are uniquely positioned to serve clients by offering therapists and prescribers under the same roof. This improves collaboration and provides better quality of care to our clients.
- Telehealth – On March 15th of 2020 Family Service begin providing telehealth services via phone or video in response to the pandemic. Telehealth will remain a service that Family Service of El Paso will continue to offer post-pandemic
- Individual Therapy – Individual therapy is a form of therapy in which the client is treated one-on-one with a therapist in a collaborative effort. The goal is to provide an open, supportive, and confidential environment for you to address the issues that are concerning you.
- Family Therapy – Family therapy is a type of psychological counseling (psychotherapy) done to help family members improve communication and resolve conflicts. Family therapy sessions can teach you skills to deepen family connections and get through stressful times.
- Couples Therapy – Couples therapy is a type of psychotherapy that helps couples of all types recognize and resolve conflicts and improve their relationships. Through couples therapy, you can make thoughtful decisions about rebuilding your relationship or going your separate ways.
- Youth Counseling – Most people don’t associate mental illness with children, but they can experience the same mental and emotional stresses that adults do. Child or youth counseling is a type of counseling that focuses on children that are diagnosed with mental disorders.
Learn more about the Family Service of El Paso, and their vision that all individuals and families in the El Paso, Texas community have access to mental healthcare services.
View a list of previous NNED Partners of the Month.