Kick off your summer learning season with the Pacific Southwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC)’s webinar series on Implicit Bias in Mental Health Services! Everyone has implicit biases. It is important to become mindful of how they can show up and impact the work with others. They will explore the dynamics of implicit bias and its impact on decision-making in behavioral health spaces.
This series will challenge you to:
- Reflect on your own implicit bias
- Experientially grapple with the concepts of prejudice, bias, microaggressions and stereotypes
- Recognize the role bias plays in responding to #mentalhealth concerns and in client interactions
- Learn ways to become self-aware of their own biases
- Acknowledge the way bias shows up in our organizational culture, climate, policies, and practices
- Examine strategies to break the biases that show up in organizational structure and engagement with communities
Register now with Mental Health Technology Transfer Centers.