The Bridging the Gap Medical Interpreter Training prepares individuals to become successful medical interpreters. This language-neutral course, taught in English, is open to speakers of all languages. Prior experience in the medical and/or interpreting fields is helpful but not required!
Students will learn the necessary skills to become a qualified medical interpreter by participating in group activities, gaining practice interpreting from day-one onward, and through the instruction and insight of experienced trainers.
Participants of the 40-hour training will learn:
- Interpreter roles
- National codes of ethics
- Interpreting skills practice
- Culture and its impact on interpreting
- Introduction to medical terminology
The 64-hour training covers the foundational skills above and includes:
- Health disparities
- Considerations for interpreting for LGBTQIA communities and in mental health settings
- Additional medical terminology
Register now with the Cross Cultural Health Care Program!
Location: Seattle, WA