The National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA) invites health professionals as well as health professional students to submit a Hispanic Health Research or Community Service Poster Abstract for the NHMA 2017 Conference: Trabajando Juntos – Integrated Healthcare for Hispanics. The conference objectives are to:
- Describe how health care innovations are influencing health care reform’s access to care, quality, and population health strategies.
- Review patient-engaged and health services research that focuses on knowledge and policy strategies that show promise of eliminating health disparities.
- Explain new treatment modalities and strategies to educate Hispanic patients with diabetes, cancer, obesity, cardiovascular disease, depression, sarcopenia, Alzheimer’s disease, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, and aging in order to decrease morbidity and mortality in their medical practices or in their organization.
- Identify cultural competence, literacy, and language services programs for medical education and health care delivery.
- Describe how leadership skills can be used to improve the health of Hispanic patients in public health, health care organizations and corporations.
Read more about the call for abstracts on NHMAMD.org.